Shadowrun in English

• ....ooO(maybe Miu for female and Mao for male Cats ?)
    Did anybody ever play a Catgirl or Boy in SR ?
    one of my Players ( Female) made a surged Catburgler (yes, Pun intended) and Pistolero adept with Cat Features but she did'nt play her yet

He who dances like a Cat
    Medicineman

• In Russian it's 'koszka' actually.

SR felinoids are still cool, but they're overused by cliché-obsessed anime fangirls/boys and furries. That's why i stick with playing elves-that-are-completely-normal. Being called 'Cat' for years it's enough for me. :D

And as for Wolsung, no, it's not free, but it's dirt cheap - the softcover book is 60 PLN, that is ~15 Euro. And the Polish quickstart rules are still there for free. Wolsung is really great, but i don't think it would get translated anytime soon, because the publisher - Kuźnia Gier - is a small, fan-owned company.

• That's no reason. You know Vajra Enterprises? They are a small fan-owned company too, but have many translations because of there "Fan Points Programm". Everyone who starts new groups, gets new customers or translates something gets points. And these points can be used for getting game-related posters, CDs or PDFs.

Because of the cat: Sorry, my mistake.

• They have translations in French, German (thanks to me, tadaa!), Swedish, Turkish, Hebrew, Spanish, Hungarian... Nobody translated a whole book yet, but if there would be someone who'll do that, the rewards would be gigantic.

BTW: If someone wants to help me translating the short version of FWTD to german: You're welcome. Would take at least few months, but the reward...

• Well, I'd say that'd possible with Wolsung, but not anytime soon. The creators don't have time for this, and other people involved probably even more so. I'm too lazy for it, it seems. :P

• *meow* =^.^=
    Neko is the japanese translation for cat.
    Neke is only in certain cases, like in my name.

Also, better don't ask what Kot means in german *snickers* ^^

Im Jare 2005 wurde SR4 erschaffen. Das machte viele Leute sehr wütend und wurde allenthalben als Schritt in die falsche Richtung angesehen.

• I guess he knows:

"Kot" schrieb:

And don't mind the nickname, that's in Polish, not German(hence the explanation in brackets).

What did the marketing guys think about the meaning when they called that candybar Snickers? Or Raider before it was called Twix.

That reminds me of the all time classic of marketing failures: The SUV called Pajero. I wonder whether that car would have sold well had they called it Wanker. :mrgreen:

Zu Oldschool für SR5 und viel zu Oldschool für SR6 - Sofern nicht anders angegeben, beziehen sich alle meine Beiträge auf SR4.

• Hi everybody!
    Just one short question: was the guy who (indirectly) killed thousands of people and who lead one of the most powerfull states in the world really called "cat zedong"?

And sorry for my mistakes, I didn't use my karma (or whatever it's called in english) to skill this language... :oops:

• "LeChuq" schrieb:

That reminds me of the all time classic of marketing failures: The SUV called Pajero. I wonder whether that car would have sold well had they called it Wanker. :mrgreen:

hmm i was under the impression, that, at least in spain, it was called differently (not sure about the south american countries though, but still, all of the US` spanish speaking "minority" laughed its behind off about that name) heck of a nice car thoug, if you truly need a good 4wd. (still using a first generation version for forest work)

manchmal muss ich mich für meine stadtsleute schämen :-(

women, huh? can't live with them, can't successfully refute their hypotheses.

• Yeah Mitsubishi called the car differently in Spanish-speaking countries only after they released the car. In other countries they did not bother to rename it, so a few people know enough vulgar Spanish to get the mistake/joke. According to wikipedia it's Montero for the Spanish-speakers and for some reason Shogun in GB.

It seems to be a nice 4WD and I want one right now. Snow and ice are much more fun with 4WD.

Zu Oldschool für SR5 und viel zu Oldschool für SR6 - Sofern nicht anders angegeben, beziehen sich alle meine Beiträge auf SR4.